Thursday 10 April 2014

Evaluation - How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

My ancillary texts and music video was made with the same themes and styles, matching the indie genre. For example, the colour scheme. In my digipak, video and poster I have given the images a purple/sepia tint to give the products an old, tarnished feel that is conventional of the genre. It is a conventional aspect of Indie Folk as the Indie genre is associated with nostalgia (hence the Doc Martens in the Mise en scene, the love and respect of everything old or vintage).


 



I have used the exact same image of the digipak in the poster to create a strong link between the two ancillary texts. These both link to my video because the images from this shoot were taken whilst shooting the footage for the woodland scene. This meant that the pictures were pretty much taken from the video itself, with Lily being in the same location, wearing the same costume and the exact same hair and makeup, as well other contributing factors like weather and sunlight which can change the quality of the image. This makes the ancillary products highly recognisable if you had already seen the video and vice versa.



 












I have used the same text, font and colour in all of my products. The title (‘YOUTH’) in my music video and titles (‘LILUTH’ and ‘YOUTH’) in my ancillary texts are both in the Orator STD font and are coloured white. The use of colour and font not only complies with the conventions of the genre (here meaning the use of pure, neutral colours that resemble nature and simplicity.) but creates a clear link between my products.


















The same image from my poster and digipak, using Photoshop, has been used in other forms of advertising like in social media (Facebook, Spotify, Vevo etc.) and in physical advertisement like bus stops and magazines. This shows a continuity in my advertisement so the audience will instantly recognise my product.

These artists below are where I got my inspiration for using my album cover in my poster.



No comments:

Post a Comment